COSME is a subcommittee of the Spanish Economic Association. Transparency is one of the committee’s values, which is why we want you to know from the beginning that the privacy of your data is very important to us. This privacy statement explains what personal information we collect from our users and how we use them. We invite you to read these terms carefully before providing your personal data on this website. Individuals over eighteen years of age may register with COSME as users without the prior consent of their parents.
In the case of individuals under eighteen years, parental consent is required for the processing of their personal data. If you are less than eighteen years old and have accessed this website without the consent of your parents, you should not register as a user.
On this website, we respect and carefully treat personal data from our users. As a user you should know that your rights are guaranteed.
We have put all our efforts in creating a safe and reliable space and we want to share our principles regarding your privacy:
- We never ask for personal information unless it is really necessary for providing the services that you request.
- We never share personal information about our users with anyone, except to comply with the law or in case we have your explicit authorization.
COSME has adapted this website to comply with the Ley Orgánica de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal (LOPD) 15/1999, of December 13 and the Real Decreto 1720/2007, of December 21, known as the Reglamento de desarrollo de la LOPD, as well as the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
Responsible for personal data processing
- Identity of the Responsible : Committe for the Situation of Women in Economics
- Acronym: COSME
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Activity: Association of economists interested in topics related to Gender Economics.
For the purposes of the provisions of the aforementioned EU Regulation, the personal data that you send us through the web forms, will receive the data treatment of “Users of the web and subscribers”.
For the treatment of data of our users, we implement all the technical and organizational security measures established in the current legislation.
Principles that we will apply to your personal information
In the processing of your personal data, we will apply the following principles that meet the requirements of the new European regulation on data protection:
- Principle of legality, loyalty and transparency: We will always require your explicit consent to process your personal data for any specific purposes of which we would inform you in advance with absolute transparency.
- Principle of data minimization: We are only going to request strictly necessary data in relation to the purposes for which we require them. The minimum possible.
- Principle of limitation of the conservation period: the data will be kept for no longer than necessary for the purposes of the treatment. Depending on the purpose, we will inform you of the corresponding conservation period. In the case of subscriptions, we will periodically review our lists and eliminate those inactive records for a considerable time.
- Principle of integrity and confidentiality: Your data will be treated in such a way that an adequate security of personal data and confidentiality are guaranteed. We will take all necessary precautions to prevent unauthorized access or improper use of the data of our users by third parties.
How do we obtain your information?
The personal data that we process at COSME are obtained from the registration forms that appear on our website.
What are your rights when you provide us with your personal information?
Any person has the right to obtain a confirmation from COSME about whether or not we are treating her personal information.
In particular, these individuals have the right to:
- Request access to the personal information that we have
- Request rectification or deletion
- Request the limitation of the treatment of this personal information
- Oppose to the treatment
- Request the portability of the personal data
Concerned parties may access their personal data, as well as request the rectification of inaccurate data or, where appropriate, request its deletion when, among other reasons, the data is no longer necessary for the purposes that were collected. In certain circumstances, the concerned parties may request the limitation of the processing of their data, in which case we will only keep them for the exercise of or defense against claims.
In certain circumstances and for reasons related to their particular situation, the concerned parties may object to the processing of their data. COSME will stop processing the data, except for compelling legitimate reasons, or the exercise of or defense against possible claims. As a concerned party, you have the right to receive the personal data that concern you, that you facilitated to us in a structured format of common use and mechanical reading, and to transmit them to another person responsible for the treatment when:
- Treatment is based on consent.
- The data has been provided by the person concerned.
- The treatment is carried out by automated means.
By exercising your right to the portability, you will have the right to have personal data transmitted directly from responsible to responsible when technically possible.
Interested parties will also have the right to effective judicial protection and submit a claim to the supervisory authority, in this case, the Spanish Agency for Data Protection, if they consider that the processing of personal data that concerns them violates the Regulation.
For what purposes do we treat your data?
There are other purposes for which we treat your personal data:
- To ensure compliance with the conditions of use and applicable law. This may include the development of tools and algorithms that help this website to guarantee the confidentiality of the personal information it collects.
- To support and improve the services offered by this website.
- We reserve the right to also collect other non-identifying data obtained through some cookies that are downloaded to the user’s computer when browsing this website.
In accordance with the provisions of the European Regulation on Data Protection (RGPD) 2016/679, COSME will be responsible for processing the personal information of its members.
COSME does not sell, rent or lease personal information that can identify the user to third parties without prior consent, nor will it in the future. However, in some cases collaborations can be made with other professionals. In those cases, consent will be explicitly required from users, and we will inform about the identity of the collaborator and the purpose of the collaboration. Data processing will always be carried through with the strictest safety standards.
Legitimacy for the treatment of your data
For how long do we keep your data?
The personal information that you provided COSME with will be kept as:
- You are a member of COSME.
- You request its deletion.
To whom will we facilitate your personal information?
Many data managing tools that we use to manage your data from third parties.
To provide services strictly necessary for the development of the activity, COSME, shares data with the following providers under their corresponding privacy conditions:
Google Analytics: a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., a Delaware company whose headquarters are at 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View (California), CA 94043, United States (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files located on your computer, to help COSME analyze the use made by users of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the COSME website (including your IP address) will be directly transmitted and archived by Google on servers in the United States.
When you browse the COSME website, it is possible that we collect non-identifiable data, which may include, IP addresses, geographic location (approximately), a record of how the services and sites are used, and other data that can not be used to identify the user . Among the non-identifying data are also those related to your browsing habits through third-party services. This website uses the following third-party analysis services:
- Google analytics
We use this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track the movements of users around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Data security and secrecy
COSME is committed to the use and treatment of personal data of users, respecting their confidentiality and use them in accordance with the purpose thereof, as well as to comply with their obligation to save them and adapt all measures to avoid alteration, loss , unauthorized treatment or access, in accordance with the provisions of current data protection regulations.
COSME can not guarantee the absolute impregnability of the Internet network and therefore the violation of the data through fraudulent access to them by third parties.
With regard to the confidentiality of the processing, COSME will ensure that any person who is authorized to process the user’s data (including its executive board, collaborators and other members), will be under an appropriate obligation of confidentiality (either a contractual or legal).
When a security incident occurs, COSME will notify the user without undue delay as soon as the incident is detected, and it will also provide timely information related to the Security Incident as soon as it is known or when the user reasonably requests it.
Accuracy and veracity of the data
As a user, you are solely responsible for the veracity and correctness of the data you send to COSME, exonerating the committee from any responsibility in this regard.
Users guarantee and respond, in any case, on the accuracy, validity and authenticity of the personal information provided, and take the responsability to keep them properly updated. The user agrees to provide complete and correct information in the contact or subscription forms.
Acceptance and consent
The consent given, both for the treatment and for the transfer of data of the concerned parties, is revocable at any time by communicating it to COSME in the terms established in this Policy for the exercise of their rights. This revocation will not be retroactive in any case.
COSME reserves the right to modify this policy to adapt it to new legislation or jurisprudence, as well as industry practices. In these cases, COSME will announce on this page the changes introduced with reasonable anticipation of its implementation.
Document revised on 07-15-2018.